FUNDRAISING & COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIP
Position based in Geneva (80%)
TRIAL International is a non-governmental organization fighting impunity for international crimes and supporting victims in their quest for justice. The organization is currently looking for a fast-learning and driven fundraising & communications intern to join its External Relations Department in Geneva.
The ideal candidate will be a native French or English speaker with good command of the second language and will have an education degree in international relations, political science or other relevant background for the position. In addition, she/he will show a proven and strong interest in human rights.
She/he will assist TRIAL’s External Relations’ team notably in the following tasks:
- Drafting, translating, proofreading and editing of fundraising documents such as donor letters, reports, project proposals, concept notes, etc.;
- Contributing to donor mailings (drafting, production, mail merge, etc.);
- Updating and expanding the organization’s CRM database;
- Conducting donor research and screening of potential funding opportunities;
- Putting together and sending the monthly newsletter;
- Managing the website’s content;
- Participating in internal meetings;
- Contributing to the team’s administrative duties.
The following skills are required:
- French or English mother tongue or proficiency, excellent command of the second working language;
- Graduate in international relations, human rights, law, history, ethnology, fundraising or a related field;
- Motivated to pursue a career in fundraising or communications and have a particular interest in human rights;
- Good writing skills;
- Good organizational skills;
- Command of IT tools – Mac environment – (text, layout, calculation tables, databases, etc.);
- Experience in managing a CMS an asset (WordPress);
- Proven ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision;
- Spirit of initiative, dynamism, flexibility and ability to work independently;
- Interest and knowledge in international human rights law.
- Beginning of the internship: September 2020
- Percentage of work-time: 80%.
- Internship duration: 6 months.
- TRIAL International is part of the We Pay Our Interns Initiative and provides a stipend for every internship.
- The candidates, if not Swiss nationals, must hold a work permit for the duration of their stay in Geneva.
Candidates must send their application in English or French, including a one-page cover letter and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, by 9th August 2020, with the subject line “Application for Fundraising & Communications internship”.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.