Communications Officer – TRIAL International Office in Sarajevo (BiH)
TRIAL International is a non-governmental organization fighting impunity for international crimes and supporting victims in their quest for justice. The organization is currently looking for a Communications Officer to join its team in Sarajevo (BiH).
As Communication Officer, the candidate will be in charge of the following tasks:
- Writing, editing and creating content for website and social networks (Facebook and Twitter);
- Coordinating the production of publications (editing, proofreading, design, printing and distribution), as well as video content (design, texts, translation and other video-related production tasks);
- Translating various documents (legal and non-legal) relevant to the work of the organization;
- Maintaining various communication, legal and administrative databases;
- Perform other relevant tasks when necessary
Media and public relations
- Writing media statements and press releases and maintaining relations with media and other relevant actors;
- Maintaining correspondence with domestic and international institutions, non-governmental organizations;
- Organizing conferences, workshops and other events
- Presenting the work of the organization to various actors, at meetings and other events, inside and outside of the country;
- Developing and implementing a communication strategy jointly with rest of the team to promote the activities of the organization;
- Assisting in the preparation of project proposals and strategic plans required for TRIAL International’s work, in collaboration with other team members;
Research and analysis
- Conduct research and analysis in collaboration with the rest of the team on various issues of relevance to the work of TRIAL International / the BiH office;
CONDITIONS, QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Education: BA in Social Sciences or other relevant subject (MA is an asset); knowledge of the human rights protection mechanisms, transitional justice and (international) criminal law will be considered as advantage;
- Work experience: A minimum of 2 years of professional experience relevant to the position;
- Languages: Native in one of the official languages in BiH and excellent command of English (oral and written);
- Other: Strong writing skills and demonstrated commitment and dedication to human rights.
If you are interested in this position, apply by 21th January 2020, by sending necessary documents to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org titled “Application for Communications Officer”.
- Motivational letter;
- A brief writing sample which demonstrates applicant’s skills (article, academic paper, policy brief or memo, news article, blog post or web content).
Only complete applications will be reviewed and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.